Thursday 19 July 2012

Zombies

I can see zombies.
You don't believe me?
I really can see the walking dead
as they walk beside me.

Without dreams, without morals.
Eyes fixed in an endless stare
Opening their foul mouths,
of their stench of fear unaware.

Saying things that make no sense.
Walking aimlessly, endlessly.
Waiting for their lives to end.
Not understanding they are dead already,
they roam, Zombies all around me.

-TheDreamer

(Life really has a cruel sense of humour. It so happened that hours after writing this poem, by pure happenstance and out of sheer boredom, I randomly picked a movie to watch. That movie turned out to be Shaun of the Dead. After seeing it, I wish I hadn't written this poem!)

1 comment:

  1. You have grown up as a poet Vaibhav, this poem has some real thoughts in it. I am familiar with the idea and have heard many songs in this regard. A very nice idea indeed and I would like to know how you got the idea.

    ReplyDelete